Based on the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689, we as a church adhere to the following Biblical principles to make us understand His Word in clearer and deeper way and also to be moulded into the image and likeness of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
1) We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, are inerrant in the original writings, are the Word of God, and the final authority in faith and conduct. (2 Tim 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21, 2 Thess 2:13, 1 John 5:9).
2) We believe in One God, the Creator of man and all things, eternally existing in three persons in a threefold relationship, that of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:7, Matt 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14, Exod 3:14, Gal 4:6).
3) We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is incarnate, the God-Man. (John 1:14, Gal 4:4, Rom 8:3, Heb 2:14, Mat 1:22,23 1 Tim 2:5, Rom 9:5).
4) We believe in the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ as the full and only atonement for sins and that all who believe on Him are freely justified before Him accepted in the character and merit of Jesus Christ. (Ps 40:7, Heb10:5-10, John 3:34, Gal 4:4, Mat 3:15, Isaiah 53:10, John17:6, Rom 8:30 )
5) We believe in the total depravity of human nature in consequence of the fall of man from the original state of perfection and that he sinned against God and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; that Adam’s sin is imputed to the whole race of mankind; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature; and that when they reach the state of moral responsibility become sinners before God in thought, word and deed unless the Lord Jesus set them free.
( Rom 3:23, Jer 17:9, Gen 6:5, Rom 5:12-19, 1 Cor 15:21,22, Ps 51:5, Job 14:4, James 1:14, Matt 15:19).
6) We believe in the divine work of the Holy Spirit as the only way of deliverance for true understanding of the Scriptures and also for regeneration and conversion (the born-again experience) of the sinner. And we also believe in the work of the Holy Spirit for sanctification of those who are born-again or redeemed. ( John 16: 13,14, 2 Tim 3:15-17, Gal 1:8,9, John 6:45, 1 Cor 2:9-12).
7) We believe in the sovereign grace of God, by which we mean His free and unmerited favour; that by His sole choice, certain sinners (the elect) have been predestinated to salvation. ( Eph 1: 4-9, Rom 8:30,2 Tim 1:9, 1 Thess 5:9, Rom 9:13-16, Eph 2:5-12)
8) We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into Heaven and His priestly intercession for His people. (1 Cor 15: 3,4, Rom 8:34, Heb 9:24)
9) We believe in the ordinance of the believer’s baptism by immersion as instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 6:3-5, Col 2:12, Gal 3:27, Mark 1:4, Acts 22:16)
10) We believe in the ordinance of the Lord’s supper as instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ. ( Matt 28:19,20, 1 Cor 11:26).
11) We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the unsaved. (Rom 9:22,23, Matt 25:21, 34, 2 Tim 4:8, Matt 25:46, 2 Thes 1:7,8,9,10, John 5:28,29, Acts 24:15)
12) We believe in the inseparable connection between holiness of the life with the pardon of sin. (Phil 2:12, Rom 12:1)
13) We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom with His people as a King. (1 Thess 4:16, 2 Cor 5:10,11, Mark 13:35,36,37, Luke 13:35,36, Rev 22:20).